Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Golan Levin Blog

     Golan Levin cleverly used a Kinect to tape the interview. This was a funny and interesting idea. You can tell this video is art in itself because it decontextualized the interview into something totally different.
     Abstractionism is a topic Golan mentioned that I was very drawn to. He says that the abstract can convey things to us that go beyond language. This statement left me pensive. I realized that I almost always use abstractionism in all my projects, whether they be art or for my Ancient Philosophy course. In my Final Art Video Piece this is very clear because of the underwater element as it distorts the way we see the physical world. I think I may favor using abstract means to convey messages because I must have unknowingly had an intuitive sense that the abstract appeals to a different, non-linguistic sense of understanding and perception. The fluidity of the many different ways our brain can interpret the world fascinates me. I think it is important to know that our language is simply a means of audible communication, but that our human capacity is capable of understanding through many other mediums.

No comments:

Post a Comment